Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

McMurdo Station, Antarctica 

I finally made it to McMurdo!

 

After the flight boomerranged on Saturday, it was delayed for 24 hours the next day. Spent the day wandering around Christchurch again. Went to the museums near Cathedral Square with a group.

 

The next day started off with a 3-hour delay which turned in to a 24-hour delay as soon as we were getting on the shuttles. Ended up going out to Lyttleton for dinner and had some extremely good fish and chips.

 

The flight left Christchurch around 8 this morning and we arrived at McMurdo around 1. Had a welcome briefing, got my room key, met my supervisor, and was taken over to the firehouse to see where I'm going to work. I start working tomorrow at 3pm. Should be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment